Friday, December 03, 2010

Prof Rajita Chaudhuri follow some off-beat trends like organizing make up sessions

Prof Rajita Chaudhuri on 'THEY ARE COMING TO GET YOU – NOT ALIENS SILLY'

She is involved in training and development activities of the institute and heads a large team compromising both men and women.

Rajita Chaudhuri Prof. Rajita Chaudhuri
Dean - Center for Enterprise
Management

Prof. Rajita Chaudhuri syas, "During the past few years I have trained thousands of senior executives and have consulted companies in India and abroad; one thing that has been universal is that employees expect a woman boss to play a more nurturing role. They may take a rough and tumble from a male boss but with a woman boss the issue of an ego clash shows up more frequently. It may take some more time before the surveys show up more encouraging trends but the reality is that today it's easier to be a woman boss as the roles are getting very transparent. I have incorporated many things from my personal experience. When I became a mom I wanted to work but had no time. So in my office I introduced flexi hours for new moms. I also felt that dads should share the responsibility of kids too. So every fortnight, dads get an off to spend time with their family. I also realised that women have better self esteem when they look and feel beautiful. So we conduct regular workshops in our office on dressing and make-up. This is an offbeat trend but being a woman boss you tend to bring these little nuances into the workplace there were doubts that I being a wife to a famous person (Rajita is married to Professor Arindam Chaudhuri) has made things easy for me. But with time all these notions were dispelled. I maintain a very goal oriented yet approachable stand for all my employees. There are moments of ego clashes in the office but I always try to keep a cool head and think of it as a generic problem and not a gender based issue.”

For More IIPM Info, Visit below mentioned IIPM articles.
IIPM BBA MBA Institute: Student Notice Board
Run after passion and not money, says Arindam Chaudhuri
IIPM BBA MBA B-School: Rabindranath Tagore Peace Prize To Irom Chanu Sharmila
IIPM Prof Rajita Chaudhuri: The New Age Woman

IIPM’s Management Consulting Arm - Planman Consulting
IIPM: Planman Stars – Event management made easy
Planman Consulting
Social Networking Sites have become advertising shops

No comments: